My name is Samuel. I am a 22-year-old university student who enjoys watching TED talks, listening to Taylor Swift, and going to parties and asking other students there to teach me about economics. So yeah, I’m a bit weird. But aren’t we all?
This is my blog. It contains some of my thoughts, opinions, and various other things that I find interesting. They might not be the best ideas in the world, but they are mine nonetheless.
If that’s not enough, here are a few things that you probably did not know about me. Just to make it fun, there is also one lie. Guess what it is.
1) The artist that inspired me to start to listen to country music? Brad Paisley. You thought I was going to say Taylor Swift didn’t you?
2) Despite certain false rumours, I do not consider Taylor Swift to be one of my guilty pleasures as I tend to be quite open with the fact that I enjoy her music. One Direction however is.
3) I played three instruments throughout Jr. and Sr. high band classes: flute, alto saxophone, and baritone saxophone. Although, I’ve played all of them quite ill.
4) I was the first student at my high school to fail the AP English exam. I got a 2/5.
5) I joined Twitter in an attempt to win an ongoing, but friendly, argument that lasted several days. My friend was a huge fan of Twitter and she wasn’t listening to me so I’ve decided to Tweet her instead. Sad part is, I lost. #FrownyFace
6) This one time, I made it to the Top Comments section of a VlogBrother’s YouTube video.
7) This was me back in grade 12.
8) I’ve been snowboarding since I was 13 years old.
9) The only time I’ve ever walked into a casino, I’ve lost over 30% of the cash I had on me at the time. I plan to use this story as a lesson to tell any future kids I might have not to gamble. The fact that I had less than $6 on me at the time is irrelevant to this story. Although, if they ever figure this out it will serve as a great lesson about how statistics can’t lie, but those who report them sure can.
10) Contrary to popular belief my favourite pop-country artist is indeed NOT Taylor Swift, as much as I do adore her. It is Veronica Ballestrini. Below is a link to one of her songs if you never checked out her YouTube channel. This might not be her most popular song, but I thought it was the cutest.